Anchor is a free command-line application and platform for image analysis, especially microscopy image analysis.
It’s a Swiss-army-knife for loading, transforming, and extracting information from sets of images, as single-image tools are often limiting.
- Supports diverse image types and formats (photos, 2D / 3D / time-series microscopy).
- Smartly names outputs by finding patterns in filenames. Preserves directory structure.
- Reproducible pipelines defined via XML.
- Feature-extraction libraries (sets of voxels, geometric shapes) etc.
- Extensible via Java to call operations in ImageJ, Icy, OpenCV etc.
- Cross-platform - Windows, Linux, Mac - with seemless switching between local and server.
- A basic pinboard-style GUI for images, segmentations and features.
An effort is ongoing to create documentation and address technical debt before the first formal public release. Only a pre-alpha distribution can be downloaded until then.